Republic of the Philippines
WESTERN MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY External Studies Unit
The Western Mindanao State University shall be a Center of Excellence and a leading institution in Human Resources Development and Research in the country and the ASEAN region with international recognition.
The External Studies serves to be a catalyst in bringing quality education to the door steps of the people of Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga Sibugay provinces.
It will continuously bring the University’s mission/vision to the disadvantaged and underserved clientele, the alumni and help raise and uplift educational opportunities of the community’s constituents.
Goal / Objectives
External Studies Unit shall endeavor to deliver services to uphold the following objectives:
1. establish External Studies Units (ESUs) cooperatively with LGUs and academic institutions in strategic places of the region, based on needs analysis, feasibility study and meritorious request;
2. provide quality monitoring and evaluation to all existing and future ESUs;
3. upgrade the faculty and the students of existing ESUs in terms of content and teachings strategies through mentoring and couching and seminar - workshops;
4. provide competitive graduates that would serve their own communities and other government agencies as well employment abroad.
1. Course Code: CS 113
2. Course Title: CS FUNDAMENTALS
3. Pre – requisite: no
4. Credit Units: 3
5. COURSE DESCRIPTION:
This course provides an overview of computers, number systems, data types and representations, digital logic systems, assembly and machine language, compilers and translators, operating syste...