2. Choose a play which explores one of the following: the nature of heroism, the impact of self-delusion, the burden of responsibility.
Discuss how the dramatist explores this central concern through her or his presentation of one or more than one character.
3. Choose a play in which the action involves an element of disguise or subterfuge or concealment.
Discuss how the dramatist’s use of this feature adds to your overall appreciation of the play.
7. Choose a novel or short story in which there is an act of kindness or of compassion. Explain briefly the nature of the act and discuss its importance to your understanding of the text as a whole
13. Choose a poem which explores the pain of love or the pleasure of love or the power of love.
Show how the poet’s exploration deepens your understanding of the pain or the pleasure or the power of love.
15. Choose a poem in which there is a powerful evocation of place. Show...