University of Phoenix Material
Foundations of the U.S. Federal Government Worksheet
Complete the chart below by identifying the three branches of government and their entities.
True or False
1. The Tenth Amendment limits the power of states. FALSE
2. The Constitution signed in 1787 contained the Bill of Rights. FALSE
3. The Constitution created a system of dual sovereignty, meaning the federal government has exclusive power in interstate commerce. True
4. The president and vice president are part of the legislative branch. FALSE
5. Congress can impose federal mandates, which require the state government to comply with its orders. True or False
6. The concept of dual federalism
D: viewed federal and state power as fixed
d. The Bill of Rights is
C: the first 10 amendments to the Constitution
e. The legislative branch is comp...