Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
1.1 Explain what is meant by:
- Each person is individual and unique
- Encompass respect and acceptance
- It is about understanding each other and moving beyond simple tolerance - “Differences between individuals and groups of people” Diversity is about respecting individual differences these can be: ethnicity, physical abilities, gender, age, religious, beliefs, sexual orientation, material status, politic, region, religion, disability.
- Inclusion is about taking action to remove barriers
- Also involves eliminating discrimination
- Inclusion promotes equality
- It is the “process of identifying, understanding and breaking down barriers to participation and belonging” .