What does health mean to individuals?
* Meanings of health
* Perceptions of health
* Health behaviours of young people
WHAT DO PEOPLE MEAN BY HEALTH?
* Social health
* Intellectual health (self esteem)
* Physical health
* Emotional health
* Environmental health
* Spiritual health (morals)
WHAT ARE SOME FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE OUR HEALTH ?
* Individual - how you treat yourself
* Interpersonal - relationships
* Environmental - air quality
* Health care - e.g. indigenous people have no access to health care * Community - service and resources available
* Intellectual - self esteem
The concept of Holistic (whole, equal balance) health suggests that physical, mental, social and spiritual aspects of life are all important for a persons health.
Health is maintaining a holistic lifestyle consisting the 6 dimensions: social, intellectual, physical, emotional, environmental, and spiritual.
RELATIVE AND DYNAMIC NATURE OF HEALTH ;
Good health implies the achievement of a dynamic balance between individuals or groups and their environment. Individuals - improved quality of life, less sickness and disability, a happier person, family and social community Good health im...