English 1301 - Research Essay- Spring 2012
Choose ONE and argue for or against:
1. Should certain kinds of ads be banned in the interest of health/morality – alcohol, cigarettes, and prescription meds? 2. Should it be legal to use animals for sports and entertainment? 3. Should shoe companies be able to give away free shoes and equipment to high school athletes? 4. Should the sale of human organs be legalized?
5. Do Americans work too hard? Does working more actually reduce productivity? Should there be changes in employment laws to give Americans more relaxation time? 6. Should people under eighteen years of age be required to have parental permission to get tattoos and piercings?
Due Wednesday, April 4, 2012
For this assignment, you will need to locate and read at least 5 – 8 articles from different professional journals and books. You will provide a correct citation of the article and a brief, three to five sentence summary of each article’s content. The articles that you choose to include in your annotated bibliography are to deal with the paper topic.
Two important things to remember:
1) Do not use abstracts for these sources; you must locate and read the actual paper or book.
2) Paraphrase the authors; do not copy their phrases or sentences. If you copy phrases or sentences, then you are plagiarizing.
3) For spacing and punctuation of each citation, use the MLA format.
The paper will be written on the same topic used for your annotated bibliography. You w...