• Siddhartha Gautama, more commonly known as Buddha.
• Focusses on personal spiritual development
• They believe in no personal god
• Four Noble Truths: The truth of suffering
The truth of origin of suffering
The truth of cessation of suffering
The truth of the path to the cessation of suffering
• (First) Dukkha - Suffering like old age, sickness and death. Life frequently fails to live up to our expectations
• (Second) Samudaya - Causes of suffering = Greed and desire, Ignorance and Delusion, Hatred and destructive urges.
• (Third) Nirodha - If people end their suffering, they obtain Nirvana
• (Four) Magga
• The Eightfold Path - Right Understanding: Accepting Buddha's teachings
- Right Intention: Right Attitudes
- Right Speech: Speaking Truthfully
- Right Livelihood: Don’t ca...